When it comes to trying to burn fat, there are a lot of different approaches that people take. Some people swear by low-carb diets, while others find they do better with a high-protein diet. And then some think that the best way to burn fat is by eating certain foods that help to boost your metabolism.
Most people don't realize that some foods can help you burn fat when you eat them.
If we had to boil this down into one sentence, it would be this: EATING PURE PROTEIN HELPS BURN FAT.
If all you did was prioritize protein as much as possible in your diet, you would melt away extra fat. That's how powerful protein is.
When you think of fat and carbs, think of energy. When you think of protein, think of repair/recovery/nitrogen.
Dr. Ted Naiman's take on this is excellent, so I recommend looking at his work.
After protein, some other foods worth mentioning that can contribute to fat loss. Here are a few top mentions:
1. Salmon: Salmon is packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids and is mostly protein.
2. Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to increase fat burning and boost metabolism.
3. Eggs are an excellent protein source and essential fatty acids. They also fill you up.
4. cruciferous vegetables contain n lot of water and fiber and are generally filling. Add enough salt to enjoy them and have high-satiety, low-calorie food.
Foods to avoid if you want to burn fat
Sometimes it's not what you add to your diet but what you take away. When it comes to building a fat-burning meal plan, this is true.
Eating a lot of protein and removing high-energy foods like the list below is an absolute game changer if you've ever struggled to lose weight and keep it off.
Here are the few foods you absolutely must avoid if fat loss is a goal:
1. Sugary drinks - soda, fruit juice, sports drinks, and other sweetened beverages are loaded with sugar, which can sabotage your weight loss efforts.
2. Processed carbs - white bread, pastries, cakes, and other refined carbs are quickly metabolized by your body and can lead to spikes in blood sugar levels.
3. Fried food - fried chicken, french fries, and other greasy foods are high in calories and unhealthy fats that can promote weight gain.
4. Alcohol - while a glass of red wine may have some health benefits, excessive alcohol consumption can lead to weight gain.
The Fat Burning Diet
A fat-burning diet plan is high in protein, moderate in healthy fats, and low in refined carbohydrates.
This diet is enjoyable and works with your biology rather than against it.