One of our new campaigns here at Wild Foods is partnering with passionate food bloggers to make delicious and nutritious recipes using Wild Foods products.
To say we are pleased with the following recipe would be an understatement…. flourless waffles… WHAT?!
These low carb, flourless waffles are the perfect morning pick me up or pre-gym snack. Make a batch and keep them in the fridge for a quick grab and on-the-go nutrition. Top them will nut butter, yogurt, or berries for extra goodness.
- ¼ cup unsweetened, smooth almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. granulated sweetener (erythritol, maple sugar or coconut palm sugar)
- 2 tbsp. Wild Foods Cocotropic Powder
- 2 tbsp. Wild Foods Chocolate Powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp. Wild Foods MCT oil
- Ghee or other fat for a coating waffle iron
- Mac Nuts
- Butters (nut, coconut, ghee, dairy)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on medium, bringing the power up to high until the mix is smooth.
- Heat the waffle iron, when it comes to temperature, brush the iron with ghee.
- Add ¼ cup batter to each section. Close the iron, cook until steam has stopped, and the light turns green, or 3-4 minutes. Open and carefully remove waffles.
- Repeat until the batter is done. Makes about 6 waffles.
Macros per waffle (using erythritol)
- Calories 144
- Fat 12.4
- Carbs 4.3
- Protein 5